"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 in the Harvey’s life…

This year has been filled---- filled with ups and downs, wins and losses--- but what I have learned, is that ALL of it is good. God is good. Throughout this year there has been a theme. Learning to trust, to trust whole heartedly, the God who has never let me down. Relinquishing control has always been a struggle of mine. I have always wanted to have a plan, wanted things to follow that plan, and fought tooth and nail when they didn’t. This year was so exception. However, this year God didn’t tolerate that. He pushed me, challenged me, encouraged me and in the end when I look back, blessed me more that I could have ever imagined. This year could easily have been described as a tug-of-war, which is exactly as it should be. As a person living for something bigger, there is a great struggle to be kinder, more self-less, forgiving and loving. The minute you feel as though “you have it”, as though your “gaining”---- you loose, you end up knee deep in the mud pit. So for my next year, through the ups and downs, wins and losses--- I will try my  hardest to stay humble, and remember that everything is of Him. Cause that is what really matters.

Here is a video of our year--- we are so blessed! Thanks for watching.

(turn the music player down, at the bottom of the screen when you watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment