"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother’s Day--- means family!

Mother’s Day has a different meaning this year. As I sit her on the couch, watching by belly twitch from the summer-saults of our child--- I feel so blessed. I feel to blessed to already feel that motherly love for someone I have not met yet. There are so many things I wish for my child--- so many things I hope for their lives. I want my children to grow up to personally know their Creator, I hope they know how deep my love for them is, I hope they see how “fearfully and wonderfully made” they are, I want them to make friends who inspire them good things, I hope they dream big and fight hard for those dreams, and lastly, I hope that they know pure joy! I am so excited to be a mom--- so excited to watch Matt lead our house hold closer and closer to the Lord, and make family memories as we make an impact on others lives.

Last weekend I was able to visit family. Family is sooo very important to me. Many of my cousins are like siblings, and have played such a special role in my life. My cousin Melissa lives in Southern California with her husband and two very precious little girls. Kaylee made her entrance into this world in December and I was not able to make it down there until now. Let me assure you---- it was amazing time with all of those. Those girls are something special. Addison has this light in her eyes and curiosity in her heart, with the sweetest personality I have seen yet. And Kaylee, well she just never stops smiling, she is a little being filled with so much joy and happiness that she can’t seem to contain. On Saturday we went to the beach and were able to take some great shots of them. I was so blessed to spend time with my family and am so greatful for the the relationship I have with them. I thank God everyday for creating families, and I thank Him even more for creating mine.

So to all you moms out there--- Happy Mother’s Day! Enjoy your families, give your all to your kids, encourage them to grow, learn, dream and discover, spend time with them, and most importantly--- make sure they know that they were created perfectly by the Lord above. That they are so very Loved by you and by Him.

 

kaylee and addison

kaylee and addison-2kaylee and addison-3

kaylee and addison-4

kaylee and addison-5

kaylee and addison-6

kaylee and addison-7

kaylee and addison-8

kaylee and addison-9

kaylee and addison-10

kaylee and addison-11

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment