"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Monday, November 17, 2014

Tis the Season…

I love this time of year… absolutely love this time of year. November is a month full of being thankful, full of family time, full of fall fun. I have so much to be thankful for and I love celebrating that… However, the day after thanksgiving is one of my favorite days. All things Christmas are fair game. The music, the baking, the tradition, the excitement, the feelings of peace and hope as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Christmas with little ones… its even better. We have soooo many fun things planned for this Christmas season to help Hannah (and Bryson) focus on the real reason we celebrate, while keeping the excitement and mystery alive. With all that said… I can’t wait, and as the weather gets colder, the days pass by, I am so very thankful, that is getting closer to the day after thanksgiving! ha.

Yesterday, I got out and took pictures of one of my most favorite families… The Story’s. Kari and her sweet family have been on the blog before. She is one of my dearest friends, more like family to me than anything else. She is the person I know will hug me when I need it, cry with me in empathy, support me in so many ways, be crazy enough to run in the freezing at God-awful times of the day…. she is amazing. I am so thankful for her friendship. I am thankful for the friendship that my family has with the Story’s. Dinner together, little vacations together… so many memories we have already made… and so many more to come. This year, they get to experience Christmas with their little girl for the first time. I am so excited for them! Story Family, you are such a blessing to my life and to my family. We are so thankful to have you as our friends. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving… and a magical Christmas season!

Here is a little blooper from our session yesterday! Their pictures were primarily for Christmas cards, so I don’t want to give anything away… but this interaction, it was just to sweet not to share. (im telling you, this family is so fun to be around and so fun to photograph)

DSC_0262

No comments:

Post a Comment