"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Monday, October 18, 2010

I RUN TO BE...

STRONG!!! strong in the Lord, strong in health and strong in friendship. This weekend I ran the Nike Woman's Half Marathon in the time of 1:58:06. Although I am so proud of meeting my goal I set in the beginning.. this run turned into something more. The Lord has taught me to release my stress and anxiety (which nursing school can produce) through the ritual of lacing my shoes, turning on my music and pounding the pavement. What started as training with a friend turned into something much more. We did not only keep each other accountable to run two days a week at the crack of dawn, but accountable in life. Kari is a friend I know will keep me "running" on a path pointed toward things of the Lord, comforts me when I am sad, encourages me when I'm running low... our tuesday and friday runs were a great release during my week. I praise the Lord for everything He used this run for. I RUN TO BE STRONG!






 Yep... the original, Jenee Wollbrinck



"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures, beautiful running friend! What an awesome accomplishment for both of us. :) God is SO good and I am so incredibly thankful for you encouragement and love, Jenee!

    ReplyDelete