"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Giving Thanks.

As I look around… I realize how much I have to Give Thanks for. Although this “mommyhood” thing has played with my emotions--- making them more up and down the the scariest of roller coasters--- I still have be blessed in abundance. Life is funny that way. Some how when we are the most blessed, is when the enemy enters with the most force. He enters with such a strong force that we can be momentarily blinded to all the good that surrounds us. He tries to take those moments from us, and I’m not having it anymore. God has blessed me, and blessed me abundance. Because of Thanksgiving, November has become the “thankful” month, but why just November? So here is what I have decided--- each month, one post will be focus on “Giving Thanks.” Because being thankful is a choice ( sometimes it may be more difficult than others), it’s a choice we need to  choose daily.

So we will start today--- and in honor of Thanksgiving, I will share 22 things from my list (in no particular order)

1. A God who is with me in the ups and downs, the bumpy and the smooth, and always provides me hope.

2. A husband who loves me and our daughter so well.

3. A beautiful and healthy baby girl.

4. Family who loves and supports us.

5. A home that provides us shelter, warmth and a place to welcome others.

6. Neighbors who visit us on walks, and love on us so well.

7. Friends who brighten our days and give us encouragement.

8. A country that allows us great freedoms.

9. The most beautiful smile on my baby girls face.

10. The fact that volleyball is almost over and we will get more quality family time.

11. Having a job that pays the bills, and with people who I enjoy.

12. Good health.

13. Good food on our table.

14. Being able to sleep again, after two weeks of insomnia.

15. Toys for my daughter to play with, to encourage growth and development.

16. Moments spent on the couch reading Dr. Seuss books.

17. Hannah having aunts and uncles who love her like crazy.

18. Hannah having cousins who will teach her the ropes.

19. A reliable car so we can visit family far away.

20. My daughters “coos” and “babbles” that melt my heart.

21. Hearing my husband singing to our daughter.

22. A perfect little family.

family photos

family photos-2

family photos-3

family photos-5

family photos-6

family photos-7

Lord, I give you thanks…. I have more than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment