"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One person who changed all my relationships…

On July 25th, our whole world changed! Almost exactly a month early, Baby Harvey decided to make its entrance into the world. Not only were we surprised by an early arrive--- but even better we were surprised with the blessing of a daughter. In the beginning we decided to wait until the birth to find out the gender of our child. Due to my three nephews, we were convinced that a boy would be joining our family--- but we were wrong. At 4:21pm, a 6lb 6oz baby girl joined our family! Hannah was absolutely perfect. She is still absolutely perfect.

It is amazing how such a small little person can cause so much change. The minute I held her in my arms, looked into her eyes, touched her soft wrinkled skin--- I melted and everything changed. At that moment I felt more love for my God, my husband and a newfound love for my child. Having a baby is a pure miracle—it is the most amazing experience and something that makes God’s love so evident. He created a beautiful, perfect, sweet and most importantly healthy child--- and blessed our family with her. When labor started, so did the prayers. Being almost five weeks early I prayed for our childs lungs, I prayed for its weight, I prayed for its complete health. Once again, God was faithful. Hannah has experienced some minor health problems, but they have all been MINOR. I am so thankful to my God for the amazing gift of my little family. Seeing Matt with Hannah melts my heart. He is an amazing father who is already loving and leading Hannah so well. Seeing him soothing her at 2am brings tears to my eyes (and not just because I am sleep deprived). I feel closer to my husband then ever before and am so thankful for the man that he is and that father that he has become. My life feels so full.

Hannah I pray that you always know how much you are loved. Not only by daddy and me--- but by God. You were made special by him. Every part of you was created with thought, with love and with a purpose. At barely three weeks old, you already have so much personality. You tell a story with your hands, you already know what you like and dislike (and are not afraid to let everyone else know), and most importantly you melt our hearts with your dreaming laughs.  I cannot wait to see what your future holds. I feel so blessed to be your mommy and have already created so many memories with you. I love you with all my heart. And please remember, “You is kind, you is smart, you is important” from The Help.

Hannah  Harvey nb

Hannah  Harvey nb-2

Hannah  Harvey nb-3

Hannah  Harvey nb-4

Hannah  Harvey nb-5

Hannah  Harvey nb-6

Hannah  Harvey nb-7

Hannah  Harvey nb-8

Hannah  Harvey nb-9

Hannah  Harvey nb-10

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:13-14 (Hannah’s life verse)

No comments:

Post a Comment