"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Passing of time…

One thing I’ve notices since having Hannah, is how fast time goes. Everyone keeps telling me “trust me, even though it seems like this season will last for ever, it will be gone before we know it.” It saddens me a little, cause I am really enjoying this season of life. I am loving watching Hannah’s expressions as she learns and observes something new. I am loving her smile. I am loving her laugh. I am loving the baby fat on her thighs. I am loving being a mommy to this little girl. I am not loving how fast time is going, I couldn’t disagree more that “it seems like this season will last forever.” I honestly feel like I put her to bed, and when I look in her crib the next morning she is bigger. It is bittersweet--- each day gets more and more fun but I know that with each passing day she is less baby and more little girl. Don’t get me wrong, I know that every stage with Hannah will have new challenges and new joys, and that our journey has just begun.

With all that said, I had some major reflection and self-evaluation time after the Monday Morning Mom’s group I attended. I manage to always come away from that group convicted and inspired. This week we talked about being “keepers of our home” which was something I greatly needed to hear about. I have been struggling to find balance between loving on those in my home and serving them by having a clean house. I don’t want to miss a moment with Hannah, which means laundry piles up, the floor may get a little to dirty and maybe not quite as organized as I could be. After some reflection time, I came away with a game plan for balance in my home.

Matt and Hannah are priority, as they always have been. Each day requires a few chores to stay ontop of the house work, but remembering that my time investing is number one. I don’t want her to grow up and say “wow, mommy kept a clean, organized and efficient house… but I really wish she would have read with me, or played with me, or prayed with me, or cuddled me.”

Here are some pictures of my big-little girl… just cause I think she is so cute!

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding

---feeding herself---

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-2

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-3

---sitting like a big girl at David’s b-day---

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-4

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-5

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-6eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-7

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-8

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-9

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-10

---pancakes, our new favorite breakfast food---

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-11

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-12eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-13

---can’t hardly believe she is eight months---

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-14

eight months, david b-day, pancakes, self-feeding-15

“She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.  She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.” Proverbs 31:17-21

“She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.” Proverbs 31: 26-28

No comments:

Post a Comment