"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A proud sister…

It is amazing how much you learn about your parents, when you become one yourself. I always knew my parents were proud of my sister and I, however, I have a whole new understanding now. As I sit her typing this… my daughter is in the playroom “dancing” to her children's scripture cd and entertaining herself for 20min at a time.. and Im SOOO proud. Yes the simple fact that she can entertain herself makes me proud. Her ability to bring food to her mouth on a fork makes me proud. When she sleeps through the night I am proud. When she signs please, I am proud. All simple things in the perspective of life… and they make me overjoyed and pleased. What makes me even prouder, is that I see so many qualities of her auntie in her.

I have always been proud of my sister, for a time growing up I was even envious of her. She was smart, athletic, so funny she’d make me pee my pants (did I just admit that on here?!?!), one of the kindest hearts I’d seen and had this ability to talk her self out of situations that I would have never thought of. Often I wished I had the qualities she did and still does. I am soooo proud of the woman she has grown up to be. She can related to kids and adults alike. She is a natural born leader--- she does not make people follow her, she makes people want to follow her without even trying. She is hard working and does her best at everything, nothing is done halfway. She is open and honest, what you see is what you get. She does not conform to the norm, but goes off the beaten path. And most importantly she is compassionate and kind, her heart for other people is one of her strongest qualities. With all that said, I have no doubt that she will go far. She has a bright and successful future ahead of her. She recently graduated from UC Davis with a Degree in Viticulture and will be working at a Winery in the fall. Could not be prouder. She may go abroad and study more along with playing field hockey… again, could not be prouder.

Casey, I am always here for you. I am always cheering for you. I am always praying for you. I am so blessed to have a sister like you and could not be prouder of the woman you have become. So thankful that Hannah has you as an example and role model in her life. Mom and dad, well done you raised a very successful young woman!

casey graduation

casey graduation-3

casey graduation-7

casey graduation-10

casey graduation-12

casey graduation-16

casey graduation-19

casey graduation-21

casey graduation-24

casey graduation-26

casey graduation-27

casey graduation-29

casey graduation-39

casey graduation-42casey graduation-46

casey graduation-51

casey graduation-52

casey graduation-54

casey graduation-57

casey graduation-59

casey graduation-61

casey graduation-64

casey graduation-66

casey graduation-68

casey graduation-69

“And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.) Kid, you’ll move mountains!!” Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment