"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The little pictures that bless me.

Everyone has things that bless them. Things that make their heart smile. Sadly, I feel that often times we only see the big picture.  And not even the BIG picture, but our big picture. God has a direction for us. There is a goal, a purpose, a reason for each and every one of us to exist on this earth; the BIG picture. We cant see that picture; its probably best that way. I don’t know what will happen in the next two years let alone the next two minutes, but that doesn’t mean I don’t try. I may be the largest culprit of planning, dreaming, questioning. I see what is happening (or not happening) now, today, yesterday and I try to predict tomorrow in order to make sense of today. I’m walking blind into my future, and during times when I cant see a foot in front of myself --- I get nervous. Scared. Uneasy.  Over the past few months of transition--- my big pictures has appeared to be bleak, it has been undesirable.

But you know how I know that I am okay? That He has everything under control? Because of the little pictures. My life is made up of many little pictures, and most of them are blessings! Crazy isn't it--- how the undesirable, bare, frustrating big picture is made up of blessing filled little ones. So for the past few months, I have been trying to focus on all the little pictures in my life.

Pictures that bless me--- a beautiful sunset, spending time with my nephews, nutritious food in our home, unexpected evening run with my husband, songs that are played at just the right time, flowers on our porch (even though they ignite my allergies)and moments spent with those in front of my camera. My life is made up of many more little pictures, and praise be to God that you all are in lots of them. I am one blessed woman.

I have many little pictures that exclaim--- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11.

Here are my little pictures--- what are yours?

DSC_0005

easter-2easter-8

boys

boys-5

boys-2

boys-4

jill- trash the dress-32jill- trash the dress-59

No comments:

Post a Comment