"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Friday, January 31, 2014

“Jesus loves me, I know, bible tell me…”

I know I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it probably many times over again--- but, I’m astounded at how much my little teaches me. Yes, my little 18month old teaches me. Everyday she convicts me, she encourages me, she inspires me, and she teaches me. Lately I have been worried about teaching her. Teaching her Godly character, teaching her the alphabet, teaching her scripture, teaching her shapes, and most commonly--- teaching her to obey.

These last few weeks have been hard. With a change in my work schedule, growing pregnancy fatigue and an 18month old who is becoming an individual--- lets just say, I was worn down. The enemy got in my head and was making me doubt my adequacy as a mom. Making me question my priorities between work and mom. Making me down-right tired. I was feeling as though I couldn’t keep up as a housewife, as though I was neglecting my role as nurturer and that “disciplining” was over taking my favorite mommy-hannah moments.

Then today, my daughter reminded me the importance of being “with Him”. As I paid close attention to my daughter today, I was in awe of her sweet nature. The way she “ssshhh-sshh’s” her babies, randomly comes over to give me a kiss, or how she says “tank-uoo” (thank you) without any prompting. But today to moment that  really inspired me took place in a moment of mischief. As she sat on the kitchen floor, playing with the salt she had dumped all over the place, she had a song in her heart. As her fingers ran through the salt she sang “Jesus love me, I know, bible tell me, little one belong.” I melted. I sunk to the floor and just watched her. All the sudden disciplining for salt on the floor seemed, unimportant. I just sat there thanking Jesus for a child who already loves Him. Thanking Him for a child who at night repeatedly asks “more Jesus mommy?!?!” (we sing “Jesus loves me” every night before bed).

Thanking Him because I am blessed with an 18month old, who convicts me. Who makes me look in the mirror and ask myself if  I am regularly asking for more Jesus? Am I praising Him in the mundane moments? Am I glorifying Him? So today, in the thick of growing a strong willed toddler, with a “not so perfect” work schedule, and a tired ever growing body---- I am asking for more Jesus. Because that is what I need--- I think that’s what we all need. I am going to walk through my days with a song in my heart, because He loves me, and the bible tells me so. And I am going to hug my sweet child just a little tighter, cause I am so blessed to be her mommy and thankful for all she teaches me.

salt salt-3

salt-2

salt-4

salt-5

salt-6

No comments:

Post a Comment