"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Anxiety turned Euphoria…

Last Thursday, January 20th, I took the biggest, most significant test of my career. I spent weeks before the test studying flash cards, books, and videos. All in an attempt to bring all the knowledge from the past two years of nursing school to the front of my brain. My husband was a huge blessing who boosted my confidence, calmed my nerves, showed me love and made me laugh on the day of the test. I was joined by friends from school who had the same nerves, insecurities and pre-test jitters, and there was a weird peace about that. A peace that we were in this together, three other women knew exactly how I felt. They understood the feeling of complete failure that hit your stomach the minute our computerized test shut off. They understood completely the pressure and self-doubt this test produces.

The next few days were filled with doubt, nerves, anxiety, and impatience as I waited for my results. I know hard to think, me, impatient, nervous or doubting the knowledge that God bless me with. Checking the BRN website daily (multiple times), praying that maybe the results were posted since the last time I checked five minutes ago. I tried every trick and tactic to figure out if I passed, prayed, prayed and prayed some more. However all that came to a halt today.

This morning I found out I passed! I am officially a Registered Nurse. Jenee Harvey RN. It feels so good. I feel so blessed. Over the last twenty-four hours God has lifted stress, showed me glimpses of what “dreams come true” look like, provided me with a new found hope. Although I am still searching for a job, my anxiety and stress have turned into euphoria and confidence. I passed this test. God greatly affirmed that I can and will be a nurse. I will strive everyday to make a difference in the lives of my patients. I do not only want to make them physically well, but mentally healthy as well. I want to be a light in the medical field that impacts patients in a very special way, and inspires them to get the most out of life.

After a very energized run, I treated myself to my most favorite Orange Vanilla Chi and a 9-grain bagel with cream cheese. Surrounded by friends, we celebrated another hurdle jumped, door opened, and all that the future has in store. Thank you everyone for all your prayers and support. I am so excited to see how God uses me in both my career as a nurse and as a photographer. God is good, and His people are too!

Of course a post would not be adequate without pictures to go along with it…

celebrationcelebration-2

celebration-3

“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.” Joshua 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment