"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A year filled with prayer…

The tradition with a new year typically involves adding things to better one’s life and subtracting things that have hindered such happiness, success or health in the past. This year I decided to add a more dedicated, diligent, and directed prayer time. Life is all about relationship, relationships make life. My husband is the most important person in my life and the second most important relationship (right below my faith in God), so it only seemed calling that I start praying more for him, for us and for me. So here I am, two weeks into January, two chapters into my book, embarking on a journey of prayer.

“When you are praying for yourself-his wife- remember this model of a good wife from the Bible. It says she takes care of her home and runs it well. She knows how to buy and sell and make wise investments. She keeps herself healthy and strong. She works diligently and has skills that are marketable. She is giving and conscientiously prepares for the future. She contributes to her husband’s good reputation. She is strong, solid, honorable and not afraid of growing older. She speaks wisely and kindly. She doesn’t sit around doing nothing, but carefully watches what goes on in her home. Her children and husband praise her. She doesn't rely on charm and beauty but knows that fear of the Lord is what is most attractive. She supports her husband and still has a fruitful life of her own which speaks loudly for itself.” –Power of a Praying Wife.   That right there is the wife I am and will always be striving to be. I am not perfect, will never be perfect. But night after night I pray to become that model and day after day I strive to do my best to love the Lord, love my husband and make a difference in this world. I am so thankful for the man that God has given me, and am so excited to be in this journey of prayer for him and our relationship.

Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve-2

“Woman is not independent of man, nor man independent of woman in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 11:11

No comments:

Post a Comment