"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dinner for Two…

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day, that you felt loved, cared for, and appreciated. Although I am a romantic at heart, I have begun to think that Valentines Day is a “hallmark holiday”. The restaurants are over crowded, money is spent, flowers are bought and die, and the pressure to show the most special time. It seems that acts of kindness and a little spark of romance should take place everyday in a relationship. We should not only tell each other but show one-another how much love we have daily. Life gets busy, with work, shopping, meetings, cleaning, errands and so much more, and we often take advantage of what is right in front of us. Showing and giving love to those around us. My goal as a wife, daughter, sister and friend is to continually give love.

I have married the world’s best husband. He is truly my best friend. Someone I can tell all my fears, hopes, ambitions and doubts to… he listens (as best any man can, haha) and offers love. My husband was such a support during the trials of nursing school, he is my unrealistic optimist who can brighten my moods and challenges my outlook, he inspires me to grow deeper in my faith, and most of all he loves me unconditionally. I love him so very much, and these past eight months have been unbelievable. I have been inspired to grow as a person constantly, to adapt to a life shared with someone, and learned to love in ways I never thought before.

Since I am still a romantic, yesterday I decided to be a domestic house-wife and attempt to spoil my husband. I spent the day cleaning, organizing and straightening our home. A clean home is a happy home… After the home was clean, I messed it up again. For our valentines day meal, I decided to make homemade raviolis, from scratch! Yes, egg yoke, flour, cheese, mushrooms, water, olive oil and my favorite stand mixer. It was quite the process… lets just say flour was everywhere, the kitchen-aid shorts the power in the kitchen (all mixing occurs on the living room floor), sticky dough, gooey cheese, lop-sided ravioli's… but surprisingly lots of fun and they tasted good too!

Thank You Matt for being an amazing Husband. You are loved! Bon Appetite.

Valentines Day

Valentines Day-2

Valentines Day-3

Valentines Day-4

Valentines Day-5

Valentines Day-6

Valentines Day-7

“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment