"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully," Romans 12:6-8

Monday, August 12, 2013

“You are my I Love You”

Today I took my one year old to Barnes and Nobles. I thought it was a stretch, I thought I’d look through books all alone, I just wasn’t sure that she would be into it yet… but boy was I wrong. She crawled from one section to the other, pulling books off the shelf, flipping through the pages, and then moving on. We found two... that we both loved. One of them captures our life perfectly right now, and brought smiles to both our hearts. It was such a fun little outing, sitting on the floor and reading through books… leaving with two in our hands!

Thought we’d share our favorite new night-time story with you too…

“I am your parent; you are my child. I am your quiet place; you are my wild. I am your calm face; you are my giggle. I am you wait; you are my wiggle. I am your carriage ride; you are my king. I am your push; you are my swing. I am you audience; you are my clown. I am your London Bridge; you are my falling down. I am your carrot sticks; you are my licorice. I am your dandelion; you are my first wish. I am your water wings; you are my deep. I am your open arms; you are my running leap. I am you way home; you are my new path. I am your dry towel; you are my wet bath. I am your dinner; you are my chocolate cake. I am your bedtime; you are my wide awake. I am your finish line; you are my race. I am your praying hands; you are my saying grace. I am your favorite book; you are my new lines. I am your night-light, you are my starshine. I am your lullaby, you are my peekaboo. I am your good-night kiss, you are my I LOVE YOU!” -LOVE and ICHIKAWA

Mommies out there, please be encouraged by your children and their story books. Find peace and joy in the little moments each day. Cause all too fast those moments pass. And your baby is sitting like a big girl flipping through books on the bookstore floor. Hannah Grace, everyday gets better. Everyday you teach me something new about being a mommy and about life. Everyday I am more in awe for the Lord above, because I am constantly in awe of you. Everyday… you are my I love you!

And because every post isn’t complete without pictures… her are some moments from our time outside today. She could not get enough of my water cup. Once again, wanting to be such a big girl!

cup

cup-3

cup-4

cup-5

cup-6

No comments:

Post a Comment